5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tackling the thorny .NET update process

PATCH WATCH

Tackling the thorny .NET update process

By Susan Bradley

It's time to revisit the many .NET Framework updates, starting with the more problematic one for Windows XP. Windows 8 also has a few platform fixes, and there are a few leftovers for Vista and Windows 7.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/patch-watch/tackling-the-thorny-.net-update-process/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2013-01-23 at 16:54.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to see a printable version of your update chart. It would make it easier to compare with the updates listed in the update screen in windows. Is there another solution other than printing it?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had to turn off Windows Update on this Windows 7 computer because WU kept trying to install some of the .NET updates again and again.

I had tried just stopping WU after I noticed 8 to 10 repeat installations of the same update in the WU history.

I can't find anything that tells me why that was going on when each install was "correct?"

Thanks
    Common problem. Usually an indication that one of your .dot net installations is corrupted. Uninstall all .net version listed in programs and features. Then install .net 4 frome here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/net/download

Afterwards you should be able to install any .net updates.

Jerry