New Lounger
    Thanks

Export to text file (97 SR-2)

I am attempting to export an Access Report to a text file. For some reason, I cannot get this simple 4 column report to format comma delimited and it always exports with a blank row between every fourth line. Is there a way to export a report common delimited and without these extra spaces?

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Report OutputTo Text File adds random blank lines

I guess I answered my own question, but I will respond here just in case anyone else needs it.

According the the MSKB,<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q208/4/36.ASP>Q208436</A>
    CAUSE
    A text file does not have the same vertical spacing options as a report in Microsoft Access. When you output a report to a text file, the text file will contain 8 lines per inch. If the Height of the report's detail section is set for a different number of lines per inch, for example 6 lines per inch (.1667), then blank lines are added automatically.

RESOLUTION
    You can avoid random blank lines when outputting a report to a text file by setting the Height property of a report's detail section to a value divisible by .125 inches. For example, if the detail section's Height property contains a fractional number, set the fractional portion of this property value to one of the following decimal equivalents:

I set all the sections and fields to .125 and I was was able to create a text file, single spaced.

**Edited by Rory 16/11/2001 to add link to MSKB article and star the post.**