Thread: Word Starter

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word Starter

I have a Dell with Win 7 and MS Word Starter, 2010 as a word processor. I have used for years and continue to use Word Perfect and I'm wondering what would happen to text that normally migrates to Word Starter if I were to delete Word Starter. I have no plans to enrich Bill by purchasing a current version of Word.

Thanks
    You can associate Word Perfect with your Word documents, causing them to open with Word Perfect by default. In My Computer, right click on one of the Word documents, and choose "Open With". Browse for Word Perfect, highlight it, and then check the box that makes it the default program. Now open the document. From that point on, Word Perfect, not Word, will open with that type of document when you double click on it, or when you open that type of attachment in an email.

I wouldn't uninstall Word Starter just yet. It's possible that you will run across a document which will not correctly open in Word Perfect. If that is the case, you can always open Word Starter, open the document in question, and then save it in a format that Word Perfect will be able to deal with.
    Last edited by mrjimphelps; 2013-01-24 at 17:52.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much. I just tried it and it worked. Such a simple solution and I did not see it. It's good we can assist one another!!

Thanks
    You're welcome.

Sometimes the simplest solutions get by us. I'm missed a lot of them in my day.