New Lounger
    Thanks

Chrome Sign in on Google search homepage

I use Firefox 18 as my browser and have Google search as my home page. Occasionally a pop up box will appear on the page for signing into Google Chrome. I can remove it by clicking on the X in the box but then it will re-appear at a later date. Any ideas for removing it permanently?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Can you grab a screen showing the popup? It is rather weird that a page shows up asking you to sign in for Chrome when you are using Firefox.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for the swift reply. I've attached a screen print of ScreenShot119.jpgthe Google search page but unfortunately I can't show you the pop up as it's intermittent. It appears just below the Google Account SIGN box on the right and has a box with the Google Chrome logo and sign in tab. As I said it has a delete cross on it which removes it for a while but it will keep occasionally keep coming back. Sorry I can't show you but as soon as it re-appears I'll get a screen print & send it to you.

Thanks
    It may be something in the Google Home Page. Google assumes everyone has a Google Account and automatically asks if you wish to sign into this account to allow better syncing between your browser and your Google Account.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I haven't seen it yet, but I would think it's just Google trying to make sure you use one of their accounts. Since it is on a Web page, I would risk you can't do much, other than maybe block popups in Firefox.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Just because you are using FF doesn't mean you can't be presented with, or sign into a Google account. I don't know why the presentation would be inconsistent unless it actually is (only comes up again if all google pages are closed and you again visit the home page). At any rate, I'm pretty sure its part of the web page an may not be controllable as far as display goes other than the action you already take.

Thanks
    Do you have a password program that might be trying to auto log on?

Jerry