New Lounger
    Thanks

Results of running CC cleaner

When I run CC Cleaner I usually get a vast number of TMP files in IE 5 directory. I never use any IE but do have IE 8 installed.

42F.jpg

I ran the cleaner and then in just a few minutes ran it again. There were 14 files in the Internet Explorer-Temporary Internet files.

Is this a normal operation. If I don't run the cleaner for a week or more there are Thousands of files in there.

Thanks,

Cliff

Thanks
    I do not see anything out of the ordinary. Each Web page is composed on many files. Personally, I do not worry too much about how many files CCleaner sees. I have my browser set up to delete many of the files and cookies when I close the browser. the only things I keep are the web pages I sign into regularly.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Thousands, YES! That's why some of us use the Cleanup batch file in our Startup folder, to keep down the weeds!
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    I run the built-in Windows disk cleanup utility (cleanmgr.exe) via Task Scheduler every night. I have the parameters set with the /sageset switch (all checkboxes selected) and run it with the /sagerun switch.

I have CCleaner installed on my system, but I never use it to actually remove anything, just to check to see that it's still fairly useless for me. Every time I run it, CCleaner finds virtually the same total numbers/sizes of files. There are always between 425MB and 450MB of Temporary Internet Files. I have the Temporary Internet Files cache sized at 160MB per user. Deleting those files serves no real purpose, as the cache will just reload as the internet is being used. As it is now, the oldest files get purged by newer files, and the cache size stays relatively constant.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows