New Lounger
    Thanks

Anyone here purchase Macrium Reflect Standard?

If anyone here has purchased Macrium Reflect Standard, did you go through "CleverBridge"? I had never heard of this e-commerce site before and am nervous about dealing with an unknown.

Did it go well?
    -Eric

New desktop: Core i7-3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, Win 7 64-bit
    Old desktop: P4-2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 35 GB 10,000 RPM HD, 300 GB 7200 RPM HD, Win XP 32-bit
    Laptop: Core 2 duo 2.0 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 400 GB HD, Vista 64-bit
    various hulks in the garage: P4-2.4 GHz, Athlon XP1800, PII-450

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I have bought several apps from Cleverbridge (not Macrium Reflect). I have owned 3 versions of Acronis True Image and all were bought through Cleverbridge. I have had NO problems at all with them.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My experience is the same as Medico's. Almost all the software I have purchased over the years has been through Cleverbride (including the paid version of Macrium reflect), and I have never had a problem.
    Dick

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    No to Macrium but yes to many Cleverbridge purchases without any issues.

Thanks
    Cleverbridge is simply Macrium's agent for payments. Outsourcing, don't you know!
    BATcher

Dear Diary, today the Hundred Years War started ...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone; I have nothing to fear I see.
    -Eric

New desktop: Core i7-3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, Win 7 64-bit
    Old desktop: P4-2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 35 GB 10,000 RPM HD, 300 GB 7200 RPM HD, Win XP 32-bit
    Laptop: Core 2 duo 2.0 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 400 GB HD, Vista 64-bit
    various hulks in the garage: P4-2.4 GHz, Athlon XP1800, PII-450

New Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with downloading standard Macrium Reflect

I paid to Cleverbridge for standard version, but I cannot download 32-bit and 64-bit installer from Macrium - always getting error message "The operation timed out". Previously I bought from Cleverbridge Paragon Backup & Recovery paying also for CD delivery and there was not a problem. Macrium downloader is unreliable because does not allow to resume interrupted download. I tried at least 100 times to download their installers. Their backups have quite good opinion based on multiple reviews but this time I am quite disappointed. If I cannot get hard copies of Macrium installers I will have to ask for money return. Strangely Cleverbridge does not offer delivery of CD in case of Macrium software. Will see what Macrium replies but I would be cautious to buy anything from Macrium next time.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Ya, I can understand custom download managers for large programs like video editors but what's the deal with 30-60 megs? Often their managers are inferior to the ones already built into browsers and the like and in the time it takes to download and set up the downloader, one could have downloaded the program. That said I just tried it and it worked for me for both versions, I have no use for them as I use EaseUS ToDo so I could send them to you.
    But seriously, is it because your connection gets interrupted frequently or is this just a problem with the Macrium downloader? You might have to download it at work or at a friends and load it on a flash drive and bring it back with you if you really want to get a copy and the downloader just won't work for whatever reason.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Alem567:
    I'm sorry you're having such problems; however, I have never had problems downloading anything from Cleverbridge; and ,especially, never had any prblems vis a vis Macrium.

You are generalizing from a case of 1 data point.

I would also be surprised if you are not helped by Macrium support. They have always helped me when I needed it.

When you get your issue sorted out, please post back so we can learn from it.

Dick