2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Visio renumber shapes on a flow chart

Visio information seems to not be the easiest information to come by.

I am building many flow charts, but from chart to chart I just copy the last chart and then rearrange diagram blocks to save some time.

This works, however, when I export all the chart info to Excel, the process steps are out of order because some of the block are not numbered sequentially.

How can I renumber these blocks in Visio so when I do the export to Excel I have process steps in order?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, found a solution.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The Unanswered Question is a piece of music, which you can look up for yourself. You have posted a question to share with all, but have kept the solution a secret. Would it be out of place to ask exactly what the solution is?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogberry View Post
    Would it be out of place to ask exactly what the solution is?
    Not at all.

The solution is not all that straight forward. I don't have Visio here at home, but basically used the Add-ons feature which allows for renumbering the blocks, then used the reports feature to export to Excel.

After the information was exported to Excel, removed extraneous rows of data using the filter and then ran a macro to place the steps in order based on the numbered steps exported out of Visio.

Like I said, not all that straight forward, but worked for me...