Thanks

Graphics Leaving Me At My Wits' End!

Now I REALLY think I'm going nuts. I went and looked at my Outlook mail, and NOW the graphics are showing -- haltingly on the load, but showing.

They're coming to take me away, ha, ha....

--
    At this point I don't know what to say or do. I was chugging along, seemingly, and all of a sudden, no graphics -- again!

So...I uninstalled Outlook, re-installed, and set up an IMAP account so that I could putter without actually having to mess up my mail. Result, same issue: No graphics when it/they are based on a web link.

So, I went to the web mail [1and1] and there the graphics were and are all showing. They therefore tell me that it's in my setup somewhere. So, I decide to eliminate Outlook as the issue. I set up the same IMAP account in Windows Live Mail...and got the same result. So at this point I am at a total loss as to what could be wrong and how to fix it. It ain't hardware, or no graphics would show anywhere which they do, and also I wouldn't get the red "X's" if it were just hardware.

It ain't just Outlook, or it would work in WLM. And, my sense, or whatever's left of it, says that it has to be on my machine or the web mail graphics wouldn't work.

Where do I go from here? It's GOT to be some "small" switch or setting that I have wrongly set, doesn't it? And if the issue shows up on a "vanilla" install of Outlook, what the heck do I do next???

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    Last edited by CWBillow; 2013-01-29 at 03:07.
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    I know that you said that this is happening with all email programs that you try. But you might want to check the following in Outlook:

In Outlook 2007, go to Tools / Trust Center / Automatic Download. Uncheck "Don't download pictures automatically...".

Keep in mind, however, that if you open up downloads to everyone, you will likely get hacked by a malicious download.

A better option might be to check the "Don't download pictures automatically..." box, and then to check one or more of the "Permit" boxes below, such as "Permit downloads from senders in the Safe Senders and Safe Recipients List".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

CWBillow (2013-01-29)

Thanks
    Did you try disabling all security software, especially any non Microsoft firewalls, and a clean boot?

Jerry
    Last edited by jwitalka; 2013-01-29 at 12:01.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

CWBillow (2013-01-29)

Thanks
    Jerry / Jim, as of this moment, all seems to [again] be working.

The truly exasperating part of this is that since I never truly discover what caused this -- now or before -- it just, on a whim seemingly, pops up again for no apparent reason. All will be fine, and then, with no changes to soft or hardware, graphics will be gone. I hate the problems with no apparent cause and therefore no reliable solution!

Thanks guys,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"