2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Deleting duplicate emails from folders - Outlook 2010

My company has a procedure for the filing of contract-related emails. We have a set of email folders in Outlook for all our contracts, and a new folder is set up for all contract-related emails, each time we win a new contract.

Staff working on a particular contract are then expected to use the "Move" function, to shift any contract-related emails they receive or send, from their in/outbox, into the appropriate contract folder, where they can be accessed by all staff working on that contract.

This seems to work well (though it is dependent on a degree of self discipline by the staff member!).

However, one downside is where more than one staff member is working on a particular contract, and emails come in cc'd to both staff members. Our procedure results in 2 identical copies of the email being filed in the contract folder. The same will happen with internal contract related emails, where the sender and recipient both end up filing an identical copy.

I don't really want to change the procedure so people have to think if they are the appropriate person to be filing the contract folder copy of a particular email, as it works well at the moment.

I would, however, love to be able to run some sort of macro / program / whatever, to work through a list of folders and automatically delete duplicate copies (where the properties were identical) of filed emails.

Could anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Neil

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    That finds duplicate files . Don't see any support for duplicate emails in an outlook pst file.

See if this does what you are looking for:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-can...look-for-free/

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    That finds duplicate files . Don't see any support for duplicate emails in an outlook pst file.
    Thanks, I misunderstood where the folders were.

Bruce

Thanks
    No problem. You've caught me doing similar things.

Jerry