California, USA

Start a Program - Nero DiscSpeed

I am running XP Pro SP3 fully patched.

I recently downloaded Nero DiscSpeed, a useful little utility to check out CD and DVD discs.

My machine came with Nero7 loaded. I carefully saved the executable to this path:

C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\DiscSpeed-

When I try to open the program using Start>All Programs>Nero7 Essentials>Tools the other executable files in the folder display but DiscSpeed does not. What do I need to do to get it to be included?

Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

3 Star Lounger
    Northern California
    The Start menu is just a collection of shortcuts under the user profiles (yours and All Users) in C:\Documents and Settings. A shortcut won't appear there unless you make one.

To make a shortcut, right-click your Start button and select either "Open" or "Open All Users". Nero probably installed itself for All Users, so I'd check there first. After opening "All Users" navigate to the desired subfolder--Programs>Nero7 Essentials>Tools. Right-click a blank area and make a new shortcut. For "location of item" browse to C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\DiscSpeed-, and name the shortcut "DiscSpeed" or whatever you want. Now you've got a shortcut on your Start Menu.