New Lounger
    Thanks

A Different Nondestructive Reinstall problem

I am trying to do a non-destructive reinstall of Win 7 per Fred's 7/14/11 article. I am running Win 7 SP1 Ultimate. I downloaded the ISO for same (X17-59465.iso), and it burns to a disk and then starts ok. But I keep getting compatibility problems. I was finally able to clear up some of the driver ones by updating the driver, then uninstalling the driver. But, I am still getting this one compatibility report message which stops the whole process.

" The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
    An error prevented a required compliance check from completing. Cancel the installation and try upgrading again. "

Does anybody know what this means, and how to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Tom D.

Thanks
    Is this a corporate PC? Because you often hear about compliance issues in a corporate setting.

Perhaps it failed some "Genuine Windows" check.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, but, No, this is a home computer. I haven't checked the Genuine Windows check lately, but I will.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Recreating the Licensing Store seems to have worked here: An error prevented a required compliance check from completing

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Bruce, I'll give it a try. Oops, now the link above doesn't work.

Is there any way for me to initiate a Genuine Windows check in Win 7 Ultimate? I couldn't find any way.