Star Lounger
    Thanks

Installing software on Windows 8

I have downloaded the installation files for various pieces of software including Firefox and eWallet (http://www.iliumsoft.com/download.php?prodcode=40420 see also http://www.iliumsoft.com/support/article/AA-01914 ). When I double click on the file in the downloads folder, nothing appears to happen. When I right-click and select "run as administrator" a box pops up asking if I want to allow the program to make changes to the computer, I select "Yes", and ... nothing appears to happen.
    I don't know how to proceed...

Thanks
    First ensure that the software is compatible with Windows 8 and that you have software installation privileges.
    Then look for the installed software on the programs section of the start screen, under "all apps".
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2013-01-31 at 16:54.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    If you are trying to install from a limited account that you created this could be your problem. If that is the case switch to the default administrator account that Win 8 created when you first installed it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, CLiNT

The eWallet software started running (lots of instances - no doubt all my attempts...) It's now installed. I had to reboot before it would sync, but it now appears to be working.

Firefox still isn't going. I used SxsTrace to see what was happening - the output file is attached. Oddly, this time a dialog box popped up saying "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's only one account on this laptop: me; and I am set as administrator. I also used "run as administrator".

Thanks
    The side by side is mentioned in this MS answers article. It is related C++ runtime. The answer may be there.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy