4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Activation error 0xC004C032

Has anyone installed Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation 64-bit lately?

If you did, did it activate ok?

I am getting Activation Error 0xC004C032, which is "The activation server reported that new time based activation not available.

I have seen a number of questions online about this, and they are all dated today (October 11, 2012).

One suggestion is to download the ISO again and do a fresh install.

Id like to see if anyone has any other suggestions first.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This may be because it is not activated, but Windows 8 Enterprise is suddenly going into shutdown.

It goes to a blank screen that says "Shutting Down", so it isn't crashing, but I can't catch it and stop it from shutting down.

Thanks
    There should be no reason to have to activate the Ent Eval edition. I have installed it on 2 PC's without problems. It's already activated when installed.

I have to agree with the recommendation. I assume your PC date/time are correct???
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You are right, there should not be any reason to have to activate The Enterprise Edition, and yet it says it is not activated, and the time/time zone/date are all correct.

As I said, I have gone to the Microsoft forums, and several people there have reported this, and since they are all dated today, I assume that it started recently.

I downloaded the Magic Jelly Bean Keyfinder, and it has the Key that I have recorded as being the right Product Key.

I downloaded the 9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247_X64FRE_ENTERPRISE_EVAL_EN-US-HRM_CENA_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5 again, and used MD5.exe to check that the file has not changed. The one I downloaded today has the same MD5 hash number, 6BEFFD994574CA89417286F0DC056108, as the one I installed which I downloaded on August 19, so they have not changed the product key.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, this problem started Yesterday, my coworker installed and activated w8 ent eval fine about 12 hours before me.
    When I tried googling error code online it returned only old threads about office activation.

So yes, it looks like this is new error and new problem that started Yesterday.

Thanks
    If the Sha-1 Hash has not changed, something weird is happening. Both our PC's are working fine and both show as activated. The first was installed as soon as the Ent. Eval. edition was released, the second a couple of weeks ago.

Prescott, you said the Hash was the same between the 2 ISO files. When was the first one downloaded? It almost sounds like the problem started after patch Tuesday. Unfortunately I do not have the original ISO file any more to check the Hash. After I burned the DVD I got rid of the ISO file.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    If the Sha-1 Hash has not changed, something weird is happening. Both our PC's are working fine and both show as activated. The first was installed as soon as the Ent. Eval. edition was released, the second a couple of weeks ago.

Prescott, you said the Hash was the same between the 2 ISO files. When was the first one downloaded? It almost sounds like the problem started after patch Tuesday. Unfortunately I do not have the original ISO file any more to check the Hash. After I burned the DVD I got rid of the ISO file.
    1) as XOR confirmed, this started recently. If you installed two weeks ago, it is not relevant.

2) As I said in my previous post, I downloaded the first one which is the one I installed from on August 19. When I installed yesterday, it installed and activated without a problem. When I installed yesterday it installed without a problem, but would not activate. When I reinstalled a little while ago today, it installed without a problem, but would not activate.

I still have both of the ISO downloads, the one from August 19, and the one from today, and they both have the same MD5 hash code.

Some comments online suggest that the Microsoft activation servers have gotten hosed before, so I will probably try it again tomorrow, and if it doesn't work I will use Derick's Boot and Nuke to scrub the drive, remove it from the computer, and reinstall the Windows 7 hard drive.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I went out for awhile, and before I went out I shutdown /s the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation computer. When I started it after I got back, it popped a Metro style app to activate the computer. When I clicked on activate, it popped up a message that said it couldn't activate now and to try again later, but in fact it then went ahead and successfully activated. Microsoft is really screwed up.

Anyway it's activated now.

Thanks
    Perhaps their servers had a temp problem that is now fixed. Let's hope so. If so they are not the first and will definitely not be the last with these problems. I do not see how this can be construed as "MS is really screwed up". After all this is an evaluation edition and MS released a large update to the RTM code on Tuesday.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Clearly they had a problem with the activation servers, but when they say that they can'r activate now, to try again later, and then activate, is that really fixed? Or is it still screwed up? And activation is not part of Windows 8, it is a feature that stands outside of any particular product.

New Lounger
    Thanks

this may or may not work

try going to programs and features or add/remove programs. there right click office , then click change. there you might have to type in ur product key and click continue.

Thanks
    This was an old thread that occurred during the beta test period. It is no longer pertinent.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted