5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Import contacts only from pst file

I have a pst file that I want to import the contacts from it to my home pst file. I would like to only import the contacts (not email, etc.) and put them in a different folder to distinguish them apart if possible. Can you explain how to do this?

Thanks!

Thanks
    You don't say what version of outlook you are using but in Outlook 2007:
    Click on File > Import Export > export to a file > Personal Folder File (.pst) > Select folder to Export From > Contacts
    Specify Folder Name and location

After the .pst file is saved, copy it to a removable Media if you didn't save it there and take it home.

At home, Use File > Import Export > Import from another program or File > Personal Folder file (.pst) and browse to the media tha contains the exported file.

Other versions of Outlook should support a similar process.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using 2007 on both ends. I have the actual pst file that was used for that Outlook, not an export. It was a previous work pst file that I'm trying to retrieve the contacts from.
    When I go to import, it looks like I select the folder I'm importing from (Contacts) then chose the data file. I guess there is no way to created a subfolder for those newly imported contacts? They will all go into the general contacts area?

Thanks
    Yes, they will go into the general contacts area with an option to delete duplicates.

Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kzkz View Post
    I am using 2007 on both ends. I have the actual pst file that was used for that Outlook, not an export. It was a previous work pst file that I'm trying to retrieve the contacts from.
    When I go to import, it looks like I select the folder I'm importing from (Contacts) then chose the data file. I guess there is no way to created a subfolder for those newly imported contacts? They will all go into the general contacts area?
    You can create a new folder for the contacts. Create it before you try the copy. Right click on the Contacts folder in the target PST and select new folder.

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. Worked perfectly.