New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with numbers and bullets, Word 2010

Hi, i recently got my pc back from repair and noted something weird with my Word... i'm not sure how to explain the problem so i will describe the situation

Usually when working with bullets or numbers, when at the begining of a line, if you backspace, you either get the bullet or number promoted or deleted... but for some reason... when i do it nothing happens.... the bullet stays there as if nothing happened

That's not all, usually when at a line, also with numbers or bullets, that is still empty (aka: havent written anything yet, not even a space), pressing enter would get you out of the list and the bullet deleted.... for some reason, when i do it... my bullets and numbers get promoted by one level...

I have a Windows 7 professional and a microsoft office 2010. I hope someone can help me, sorry for the trouble. Also please let me know if i did something wrong while posting

Thanks
    Did you try a repair install of Microsoft Office?
    Control Panel > Programs and Features > Right click on Microsoft Office > Change > Repair radio button.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just tried that... didnt work.... any other idea? ^^U

Thanks
    Try checking your options at File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type:

Check "Set left-and first-indent with tabs and backspaces"

This isn't a default setting, so if you have a fresh install of Word 2010, it will be unchecked.

HTH, Kim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    i had already tried that without any results.... tried it again just now and still no difference... (by the way, i did had it checked to start with.... i tried unchecking it, no diference, checking it again... still no diference)

Thanks
    Since that's not the default, your computer retained your user options. Occasionally these options get corrupted. They might be in the registry and they might be in your Normal.dotm template.

Perhaps some of the info in this knowledge base article will help?

Kim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    i tried the "Fix It" option and now it is working properly, thanks a lot

btw, after using it, i checked the option at File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type
    and the "Set left-and first-indent with tabs and backspaces" was still checked.... i think it was a defautl to start with since i never configured it in any of the previous PCs i had and was always working that way

still, thanks a lot, you really saved me a lot of time and a huge headache

also thanks to those who cared and tried to help me ^^