New Lounger
    Thanks

Faxing a Form (Access 2000)

My company uses a form in Access so Technicians can order parts from Suppliers. It would be nice if they could Fax the Purchase Order through. At present we use WinfaxPro 9 for faxing documents.I have tried using Winfax as the default printer and had a button on the Form to print the Form but Winfax opens and waits,I can save the Form in Winfax as an attachment but that seems all.Does anybody know a way to fax the Purchase Order direct using Winfax? I could print the Form and then Fax it through a stand alone Fax machine but it seems a lot of messing around.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Faxing a Form (Access 2000)

Graham,

I use WinFax at work and I send faxes from Access by using a report, not a form. You are far better off printing and faxing reports, not forms. Try making a report having all the fields in the form and basing that report on a query, not a table. You can then have the query takes its input from the original form. I do this by having a command button on the form open up the report set to the record ID on the form. I have it come in print preview mode just to make sure its got what I want and then print or fax from there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Graham,

I use WinFax at work and I send faxes from Access by using a report, not a form. You are far better off printing and faxing reports, not forms. Try making a report having all the fields in the form and basing that report on a query, not a table. You can then have the query take its input from the original form. I do this by having a command button on the form open up the report set to the record ID on the form. I have it come in print preview mode just to make sure its got what I want and then print or fax from there.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help Preston. The Form which the Techs use to order parts has a Subform ( which has inputs for quantity,description and partnumber) which doesn't show in a Report. The Form is also is tied to job number and customer name, so one Form for one job.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Use a bound subreport to include the same records as your subform. Open the report with the WhereCondition argument populated with the job number and customer name arguments. That will give you one report for the form record and will include the appropriate records in the subreport because they would be linked to the parent report just as the subform is linked to the parent form.
    Charlotte