New Lounger
    Thanks

Enter Network Password box keeps popping up in Windows 8 Explorer

I am running FrontPage 2002 on a Windows 8 machine. Program works ok but FP inserts website links in Explorer to internet websites that I manage. There is no problem in FrontPage. The problem starts when I go out of FrontPage AND open Explorer or the Libraries Icon on task bar. Then Enter Network Password dialog boxes come flying up, usually three boxes for each of the two sites that are listed in explorer. I am thinking that there is one box popping up for each user profile. If I click on them to close them, they just reopen. The only way I can get them to go away is right click on the website link in explorer and delete (after fast closing a bunch of password boxes).

I thought maybe the incompatibility with FP 2002 was the issue so I tried to add those two website links using Explorer's "Add a Network Location" directly from Explorer. I can put the shortcuts in with the credentials but when I go out of Explorer and then come back in, I still get the bombardment of Enter Network Password boxes.

My question is does Windows 8 have a setting in Registry that controls Explorer shortcuts to websites that I can turn off? I couldn't find any setting in FP 2002 that turned off the creation of the links. If anyone has any ideas I would definitely appreciate hearing them!

Thanks
    What is the "bitness" of your Win 8? It appears that people are having problems with Front Page 2002 and Win 7 64 Bit. I would suspect even more problems with Win 8, especially 64 Bit. You might need to work with a VM to run Front Page 2002. Using XP in 32 Bit with a VM should do the trick.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm running Win 8 32 Bit.