New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 8: update problems and feature installation problems

Good evening,

I've a DC with SBS 2008 & WSUS.

I'm just beginning to try to install new windows 8 client in the network and i'm just finding this error:

After I've inserted the client in the domain, i cannot install anymore windows 8 upgrades from the client (error 80096002) and i cannot install other feature of windows - framework 3.5 for example (it download them and than it raise 800F0906 error)

I checked all other clients (all windows XP) and i haven't problem with them.

I tried to make update before insert win8 PC in the domain and it worked. I tried to add features...and it worked.

I'm supposing there are some features in SBS or in WSUS to set. Group policy? Firewall?

Can you aid me?

Regards

Claudio

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The solution here; Windows 8 windows update error 80096002; seems to indicate that you need KB2734608:

An update for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 is available (KB2734608)

Issues that are fixed
    This update lets servers that are running Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP2 provide updates to computers that are running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.

Bruce

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    ... and if that doesn't also fix the second (add feature) error, there are other workarounds for that:

Error 0x800F0906 When Trying To Add .NET Framework 3.5 to Windows 8 RTM

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I checked installation of SP2 of WSUS but i found that there is a problem installing it, so it isn't yet installed.

An error during installation say that "SelfUpdate" directory is not accessible so installation cannot be done.

I checked it and i really cannot access to it. I cannot access using local administrator and network administrator too.

Why?

And now?

What can i do?