2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PC to TV question

Hi, I have a HP laptop (Win 7 64 bit) that in the past I was able to connect to a TV (Visio) with not problems. I am in a different location and trying to connect the same PC to a different TV (Toshiba)with a MDMI cable. This time I get the picture but no sound. Any suggestions, thanks to any who try. Stan

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you also use the same type of cable with your Visio? If so, it could be that the other TV is set up differently, perhaps to get audio from a different source (e.g., the TV might be hooked up to a media center with speakers and thus the TV is configure to not get audio).

You could always try a good old VGA cable, that has always worked for me; and my old HP laptop has no problems driving the 1920x1080 display with a VGA cable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cafed00d For This Useful Post:

rubinontheroad (2013-02-10)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks cafed00d, Yes it is the same MIDI cable, I'll keep trying and if it doesn't work out I will try a VGA cable, thanks again....Stan

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just realized that even when I have used a VGA cable that I had to hook up external speakers to the laptop. I recall an earlier discussion in forum where someone wasn't getting audio with a HDMI cable, and apparently only video was output output on the the video port on their computer - audio needed a separate connector. But if you get audio through your cable on you home system, then it should work if the TV is set up correctly.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll keep at it, thanks again....S