3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

can't update horizontal data in chart

Hi...using office 10

i have an excel database which produces a chart within Excel. the Horizontal axis points are years, starting in 1995. When I made this chart years ago, the source data worksheet went to 2013 so the chart picture through the years always showed years 95-13.
    I now have amended the source worksheet to go through 2021. I then went to the chart data and clicked edit Horizontal axis data. When I clicked edit, as expected, the source worksheet appeared with the flashing boarders around the cells where the existing data of 1995-2013 are. Holding down the control button, I clicked on the 2014-2021 and they too began to have the flashing boarders. I click "ok" and I'm back to the chart but nothing has changed, i.e. the chart does not extend out to the year 2021.
    when I go back to select data, the horizontal data part of the dialog box only shows 95-13 like before, however if I click on edit, the source worksheet opens and all the correct cells have the flashing boarders (i.e. years 95-21).

Hope I was not too wordy...just trying to be specific.

what am I missing.
    thanks!
    Rick

Lounger
    Thanks
    have you checked your axis options? are they auto or fixed? this might just be the problem here

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think its fixed. Under Axis options it has "automatically select based on data". I'm unfamiliar with this dialog box, so let me know if I'm misreading or need to look elsewhere.

Rick

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i found my error. while I extended the x axis data field through the year 2021, I did not extend the data selections past year 2013. Once I did that, the chart's x axis ran out through 2021.
    thanks,
    Rick