5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Suddenly some Pogo games don't load

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 desktop XP Home SP3 IE8 RAM maxed out at 2 GB with Java 7 Update 11 Java FX 2.1.1

My brother plays many Pogo games but some of them don't play and right now we are focusing on Pogo Bowl
    --- It appears to be Java related because Java never completes loading when we call up that game and we get the following error message The instruction at 0x3d6c3213 referenced memory at 0x00000054. The memory could not be read, Click OK to terminate the program
    --- Myself I just play Rainy Day Spider Solitaire without any problems

Yesterday both games were playing ok with he Java 7 Update 11 Java FX 2.1.1
    --- A Java icon showed up saying an update was available and since jusched.exe was in our startups it wanted to be updated. I imagine it was Update 12
    --- That's when the above issue happened: Pogo Bowl wouldn't load but Rainy Day Spider Solitaire continued to be playable
    --- I did a System Restore 2 days back but the problem wasn't fixed
    It's strange the Pogo Bowl had been playing ok but now all of a sudden it isn't
    --- I followed Pogo's advice to clear the internet cache & a few other things biut again: no solution

I read on some web searches that the The instruction at 0x3d6c3213 referenced memory at 0x00000054. The memory could not be read could be related to extra long URL'S and Pogo Bowl definitely has a very long URL http://game3.pogo.com/room/loading/i...=PlayNow&table
    --- but Rainy Day Spider Solitaire is pretty short http://www.pogo.com/games/spider?popup=t#game
    I think the extra long URL issue was related to IE6, maybe IE 7 but we have IE8
    --- Could this still be be an issue with IE8
    --- If so, is there a fix?

I also understand that it's good to use Mozilla Firefox because it doesn't use Java I guess
    --- Does this sound like a good idea?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    If Firefox doesn't allow the Java plugin then Pogo games won't work I believe since they appear to depend on Java. However, its always a good idea to at least troubleshoot any possible browser-based problem by trying different browsers.

Also I found this Pogo Java Plugin test page.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I installed Mozilla Firefox but the URL has uk in it
    --- Is this normal? I don't understand why it comes from the uk instead of the US
    http://uk.pogo.com/games/spider?page...mebar_4_spider

I also got a message that Adobe Flash Player add-in I guess it is needs to be installed but it doesn't seem to complete install
    --- Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X is in my add/remove list so I'm thinking it's Firefox (maybe Pogo) that doesn't recognize it somehow

Thank you for the Pogo Java Plugin test page
    --- I ran it and down in the right hand corner it read all files have finished downloading

Thanks
    Uninstall and remove ALL Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from your system. Once this is done you can install the latest most secure version.

#1 Removing incompatible version(s) of Java from Windows XP
    #2 javaRA to remove old files (Major Geeks site with link to removal tool)
    #3 How do I cleanup the registry after a failed Java uninstall?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Clint: problem solved
    I did install Mozilla Firefox but when trying to play Pogo I ran into more issues than I had in the first place so I uninstalled it and now I'm back on IE8
    Then I tried to download the latest Java version from the Java website and along the way I got a message that jre1.7.0\java_sp.dll is corrupt
    --- So looking back at your recommendations, I completely uninstalled Java
    --- Then I went into Pogo knowing that Pogo Bowl wouldn't play but that Pogo would recommend installing the latest version of Java and that's what I did
    --- In case anyone else wants to know Pogo even states that Java needs to be updated to the latest version since their security issues have been solved
    --- I don't know whether or not it made a difference but I originated the Java install from the Pogo website and of course it continued into the Java website but that's ok as our Pogo games are back in order
    Thanks again

Thanks
    Yes, Java can easily get corrupted, uninstalling and or cleaning up after it may be needed.
    Always uninstall older versions first prior to installing new versions. Installing overtop of a prior version usually ends up FUBAR.
    Using the POGO site (a trusted site by you) would be a quick and easy way to get the latest version of Java.

Good luck
    CLiNT
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.