Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Problems with printing PDF files

I am having problems with printing pdf files when downloaded with IE 9 When trying to download, I get a message that IE has stopped downloading due to a file that might endanger the security of my system. This has just recently happened since I had a computer drash. and reloaded the programs. I can print any and all of these files with Google crome with no problems. I am confused with this response, and do not know how to get around it. I am very familiar with the sites in question since one is my Credit Union. A message appears advising that I will need to adjust my securite settinngs. I tried without success. IE will not even print this sites PDF files unless they are first saved, then reopened.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Charles (Mike)( Parker
    Savannah, Ga.

Thanks
    Hi Mike,
    have you tried printing from the website directly.?
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, after much work with two friends of mine, we have come up with a solution to this problem. To get PDF files to print with IE 9 you must click
    Start
    All programs
    Then right click Internet Explorer
    Click "run as an admistrator"
    The files should now open and print fine

This is another mess created by Microsoft and Adobe. Not sure why they can't get it together. It seems a shame that a normal user has to go this way to get a file type to print. There is nothing in the documents I have read that deals with this problem. It took us a while to work this out with trial and error. What s shame.
    Another solution is to switch to Google Crome which allows the files to print without problems.

Hope this helps someone.

Charles H. Parker
    Savannah, Ga.
    Last edited by mike1111; 2013-03-07 at 06:02.

Thanks
    There may be an issue with the Adobe component in your browser. Try the following:

1. Go to the website where the PDF file is, right-click on the link to it, and choose Copy Shortcut.

2. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader (or other PDF reader program), and choose Open. In the filename window, paste the web address you copied from the first step above, and click OK.

3. The PDF file will now open in Adobe Acrobat Reader, rather than in your browser window.

Opening the PDF directly in Adobe is sometimes better than opening it in your browser window.