Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Shared Folders Include Users Folder

When I open Network in Win 7 or 8 the list of shared folders on my computer includes the Users Folder. I open Properties for the Users Folder and make it "Not Shared" but the next time I open Network the Users Folder is listed again. How can I stop this happening?
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Hi Roy,
    I tried various methods of network file sharing & SkyDrive, but didny like any of them. Then SkyDrive was updated and I now have it on both my computers.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roderunner, thanks but SkyDrive does not allow enough storage space for the size of my shared folders.

On a personal note, your use of the word didny brings back fond memories of the time my family were evacuated to Kirkconnell (hope I've spelled that correctly) in 1941. (Showing my age). It was a lovely friendly village then, mostly inhabited by coal mining families, with beautiful countryside surrounding it, and a crystal clear trout stream where I used to catch small trout with a mutton cloth from the local butcher. The trout were grilled and tasted wonderful. Happy days.

Regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    You must have been one of the people who missed the free upgrade to 25gb (I've got 2) for SkyDrive.
    Never visited Kirkconnell but have tasted brown trout many moons ago.

Capture.JPG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!