Thread: pc syncing

3 Star Lounger
    Morganville, New Jersey, USA

pc syncing

I had been a happy user of Windows Mesh to sync three Win 7 pcs. That capability was schedled to be discontinued yesterday.

The MS replacement does not meet my desire, since I have to move everything to a folder and change all of my program data file references to this new folder.

Cubby seems okay, but it seems very clumsy to use (unless I just haven't learned how properly yet) and fragmented. [One major advantage: I am a frequent and very happy user of logmein, put out by the same people.] It also gets expensive for the sync-only mode (w/o on-line storage).

Allway sync looks interesting but unfinished.

Spideroak looks like it has great security, but with only 2 GB of free storage, it becomes costly to use it for other than the most precious data.

There are, of course, many others.

My needs are simple:
    - Keep at least the most important, frequently-used files synced between three pcs.
    - Do not need on-line storage if the syncing can be done without it (or with only temporary on-line storage until all three pcs have been updated).
    - Care-free, automatic operation. [My SyncToy days are over.]
    - Low or no cost.

I am interested in what other users have found suitable.

I am further interested in whether I could use two ot more of the available systems, each covering different folders.

Also, is there anything else I should have asked but didn't? If so, what would you advise in that area.

Last edited by globalist; 2013-02-14 at 16:41.