Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: pc syncing
2013-02-14, 08:36 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2001
- Morganville, New Jersey, USA
- Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I had been a happy user of Windows Mesh to sync three Win 7 pcs. That capability was schedled to be discontinued yesterday.
The MS replacement does not meet my desire, since I have to move everything to a folder and change all of my program data file references to this new folder.
Cubby seems okay, but it seems very clumsy to use (unless I just haven't learned how properly yet) and fragmented. [One major advantage: I am a frequent and very happy user of logmein, put out by the same people.] It also gets expensive for the sync-only mode (w/o on-line storage).
Allway sync looks interesting but unfinished.
Spideroak looks like it has great security, but with only 2 GB of free storage, it becomes costly to use it for other than the most precious data.
There are, of course, many others.
My needs are simple:
- Keep at least the most important, frequently-used files synced between three pcs.
- Do not need on-line storage if the syncing can be done without it (or with only temporary on-line storage until all three pcs have been updated).
- Care-free, automatic operation. [My SyncToy days are over.]
- Low or no cost.
I am interested in what other users have found suitable.
I am further interested in whether I could use two ot more of the available systems, each covering different folders.
Also, is there anything else I should have asked but didn't? If so, what would you advise in that area.
Last edited by globalist; 2013-02-14 at 17:41.