New Lounger
    Thanks

Google.com IE9x32 redirecting

Read this info on WS: https://windowssecrets.com/windows-s...ser-hijackers/
    But it did not help. The problem is old but I just got it a couple weeks ago.

Only IE9 32bit "infected" and google goes to a non valid 404 site (seems safe, but makes Google.com worthless as a home page) http://www.google.com/-7890*sfxd*0*s...sg_undefined@@. Also some links and directed downloads from Outlook email won't open correctly in IEx32 but OK in IE9x64.

I ran many AV programs such as Norton, superantispyware, and malwarebytes, nothing found. Ran combofix, hitmanpro, tdsskiller, and none found anything. TDSS not found in device mngr
    Have run 2 reg cleaners....nothing out of ordinary.
    So for now I avoid Google home page, Google toolbar works OK and can search from there; everything else runs fine.

Any hints/tips? Maybe I'm the only one now with this or it has started again? Are other users afflicted? It just bugs me to not be able to fix it. I also went back with system restore but nothing fixed it.

What to do? Where to Look? I'm on win7x64pro

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Doug.. I'm new here, actually registered just to comment as I just went through this issue this morning.

You'll find the information on the following link quite interesting, and a solution there as well. At least I found the start to a solution.
    Scroll down the page until you find the solution offered by Lynx41 and follow his tutorial... upon completion, also run ccleaner and it's included registry cleaner and then reboot system once more after removing all registry errors. That solution fixed my OS update errors and google.com hijack errors, as they were being held in memory and reinserted into registry at boot time. This fix worked for me, perhaps it'll give you some help at least.
    http://productforums.google.com/foru...be/M4TrIfGnlaE

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for trying. Followed the info from Lynx41, most I had tried before except to flush.bat and was hoping....but I still have the same annoying google.com result. Still hoping for a "cure" that works.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well it was worth a shot, I figured maybe if it worked for me then it might for you as well. The flush.bat I've run across before when a family members laptop got hit with dns cache poisoning.

Hope you find a solution.
    Dan

Thanks
    Did you check your hosts file in C:\windows\system32\etc for Google.com entries?

Also, go to Control Panel > Internet options > Connections tab > Lan Settings button. Make sure the box next to "Use a proxy server...." is not checked.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Searched C:\windows complete folder for google (using search everything tool) and only found google earth stuff, nothing in hosts anywhere.
    LAN settings "use proxy" was (and still is) unchecked.

Thanks for trying to help.....I'll keep at it if only a challenge since no damage occurring. I just did recent MS updates (I keep current per WS advice in newsletter) and no change in re-direct....redirect happens within 5 seconds of google.com loading on screen as a page...Google toolbar works fine and I can Google search from there but now use Bing for home page.

Any help appreciated.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Finally found a method to fix/delete virus.
    Ran a full scan using Microsoft Safety Scanner....found it and deleted; restart. Now Google works OK.
    In mean time I also been using "Start Page" which is similar to Google but more anonymous.

Posted so anyone else having difficult virus issues, try MS Safety Scanner!

Doug.S