Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ran Spybot and got these errors. What are they?

This is what spybot found, but malware did not, Do I need to be concerned? How do I delete them, spybot did not give me the option.
    Thanks.....Glenda

I
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Some of the results look to be "pups", (possible unwanted programs), so those are kind of up to you for deletion, if you know and trust the program, leave it and if not delete it.

You might also consider running another anti-malware app for comparison, such as malware bytes.
    Just a thought.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Glenda,

I'm not sure you're reading this list correctly. Some of the files listed are part of Spybot S&D itself. In any event, you're using an old version (v.2 is out, & free).

Suggest you get the new version, rescan & see what comes up. No need to take precipitous action if your computer seems to be running OK.

Zig

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Your antivirus software includes antispyware, so there's no need to install a separate product. The need for separate antispyware ended years ago. The best thing to do with Spybot is uninstall it, since it's almost worthless. See the review at PC Magazine: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412372,00.asp

Thanks
    I disagree. I run AVG AV 2013 Pro and Malware Bytes Antimalware and Spybot Search and Destroy, all in real time. They run fine without any problems. My belief is that a multi-layered approach to security is much better than a single layer. I believe most of the "experts" here would agree.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks medico...so do i need to worry at what spybot found?

glenda

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glendad View Post
    thanks medico...so do i need to worry at what spybot found?

glenda
    I ask you, what did it find? Can you tell from the screen you posted? Why do you say they are errors?
    I would offer that I wouldn't be very inclined to use a program with such communication issues.

Thanks
    The new version of Spybot runs in real time. I seldom run the manual scans. I have MalwareBytes and AVG set to run scans daily in addition to the real time protection.

Since I cannot really read your screen shot, I am unable to advise what is there.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

glendad (2013-02-21)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I ask you, what did it find? Can you tell from the screen you posted? Why do you say they are errors?
    I would offer that I wouldn't be very inclined to use a program with such communication issues.
    I think Glenda came here for help in translating the log to help her decide whether to remove the 4 items listed. Malware detection and full removal is still a tricky business, even for very experienced PC users.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=64414 = Adware and downloader.
    W3i.IQ5.fraud is supposed to be the legit 7zip or other freeware installer. Instead it is a netinstaller which tries to fool the user via unusual graphical user interface to install adware. W3i is also trying to make it look like 7zip and other free software is their own product which is practically theft.

CouponBar is probably related to: C:\WINDOWS\CouponPrinter.ocx Riskware.AdWare.Win32.BHO!IK = Adware.

They may only be inactive remnants from partially removed softwares, difficult to know without running other scans and getting them analysed too (and/or checking any other installed security software logs that may have removed them).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

glendad (2013-02-21)

Thanks
    I quit using Spybot years ago. It used to be a good app but has deteriorated over time. All the reviews I've seen on it are negative. I wouldn't worry about what it found unless it was confirmed by another anti malware app.

Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    I think Glenda came here for help in translating the log to help her decide whether to remove the 4 items listed. Malware detection and full removal is still a tricky business, even for very experienced PC users.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=64414 = Adware and downloader.

CouponBar is probably related to: C:\WINDOWS\CouponPrinter.ocx Riskware.AdWare.Win32.BHO!IK = Adware.

They may only be inactive remnants from partially removed softwares, difficult to know without running other scans and getting them analysed too (and/or checking any other installed security software logs that may have removed them).
    I see limited usefulness in the app, have to agree with Jerry.
    My goal was to convey that I wouldn't really worry about it too much. I will admit to my failure, though, it definitely doesn't look like I was too clear .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

glendad (2013-02-21)