New Lounger
    Thanks

Is it possible to temporarily disconnect a network printer?

I am running an imaging.scanner (Lasersoft Imaging SilverFast) software designed for a Epson V700 scanner. The software itself has been running into serious problems - I have been in touch with the tech support, and they say that the software cannot run when another printer/scanner is attached!

I have a a MG6200 Canon multiuse printer/scanner connected to both my pc and to a network. (I am not sure I need both the network and usb connections, I did not set this up....)

Anyway, I can easily disconnect the printers USB cable, but is there a way that I can "temporarily" disconnect my PC (which runs the SilverFast software) from the network printer devices (MG6200), or from the network itself ?

By temporary, I mean for a short period of time, disable the device until i am done using the SilverFast software, then re-enabling/enabling/reconnecting/ the device without reinstalling and settign up a new network.
    Network_map.PNGNetwork_path.PNG

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Have you tried just unplugging the USB connection to the Canon to see if that solves the problem? There is no real need for having it connected both ways if it has true network capabilites, which I feel certain that it does.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows