Lounger
    Thanks

Wi-Fi connecting a new Epson XP-405

I have just bought a new XP-405 printer and on the outer box is has, "Easy Epson - Wireless".

I started to install it and an hour later after all the update downloads were installed, the printer's screen indicated the radiating antenna icon with 3 green bars and the Wi-Fi LED on all the time. The screen was able to display, after using the various buttons the IP address etc.

The Mi-Fi, Huawei E586's web browser control displayed the correct IP Address, Host Name and MAC Address of the printer.

I had amended the E586's 'WLAN Advanced Settings', field 'AP Isolation:' to Off.

So all indications indicated that the printer should work.

But it won't unless I add a USB cable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Sounds like the MiFi is still acting in AP Isolation mode. Does it still do the same after a power cycle? Do you have another PC that can access the MiFi: can it be seen by the first PC or is that invisible too?

Can you ping the IP address of the printer? If you can ping by IP, what about by host name?

Most network printers have a simple webserver built in: can you browse to the home page to bring up the printer ink status etc?
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

Lounger
    Thanks
    When I change the AP setting, the Mi-Fi does an automatic reset; closing the connection and immediately opening again. Upset my wife who was on-line at the time!

After spending a day and a half trying, I eventually gave-up and started again for a USB cable connection.

This PC is XP and will shortly be changed to W7, so I'll try again then.

Many thanks.