2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS(N) ONLINE SUPPORT

Anyone having problems accessing the MS websites such as MSDN or KnowledgeBase? I have a friend who got a new pc for x-mas, with a 3 year contract for MSN and they can't log on. Tech support on the 800 number is of no help. They told us to delete the MSN screen names for the account then remove & re-install MSN. Funny thing is that there is no help in MSN and I did the remove/re-install and the same user screen name icons appeared. I've been trying to get to the MS sites for any instructions and they are so slow and when I do get a page its usually a blank one. I am somewhat familiar with the process - I'm a programmer by trade (15 years) and know enough about pc's, windows & the web to be dangerous. Anyone having a similar experience?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS(N) ONLINE SUPPORT

When were you trying? The entire MS network has been down/inaccessable for most of two days this week (I'm not sure how you tell since it is usually so slow that it is hard to tell if it is working or not [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]). The first time this week they were down because a technician made a bad change in one of their network routers. The second time was because of a hacker Denial Of Service attack flooding their DNS servers with invalid requests. It hasn't been a good week for them.
    Legare Coleman