Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 back-up failure on shadow copy

I have a windows 7 home premium. I've used the windows back-up system every month for 1 1/2 years. Never had a problem. Today I went to back up the computer and received this mesage: "A shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application event logs for more information. Details: insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data." It was error message 08X81000019. I backup the files andcreate system image to an external hard drivek which has 922 gigs of free space out of 931 gigs total. I have checked to make sure the system service is on for both VSS and SPP.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem. I've tried to run back up a few times and get the same result. I'm not intensively tech oriented. Im hoping the soultion might be one iI can understand

Thanks for any help

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    The message means your main drive (C does not have enough space to create a shadow copy.

Check some of the result links at windows 7 backup error 81000019.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My C drive has 400gigs free out of a possible 454 gig capacity right now

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    It seems that this is a common error with many different suggestions. That is why I included the search link.

See the reply marked as the solution at Back up Error: error code 0x81000019 .

Joe