5 Star Lounger
    Seattle, WA

Internet Explorer 10 coming to Windows 7 soon

Internet Explorer 10 coming to Windows 7 — soon

By Susan Bradley

Internet Explorer 10 is nearly ready to be released. When it does, it will soon be placed on automatic updates. Here's how to be ready for the changes.

The full text of this column is posted at (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2013-02-20 at 18:44.

3 Star Lounger
    Skelmersdale, Lancashire, UK
    It works fine on my PC, except for one irritation.

I use RoboForm V6 and while it was OK with IE9, it now loads passwords but not the username, which I then have to fill manually.

I should mention that this also the case with Windows8, At least I now know it's IE10 at fault, not the OS.

The latest RoboForm probably solves this, but I see no other benefit to justify upgrading.

Star Lounger
    NSW, Australia
    Susan, I have my PCs (several win 8 and several win 7) set to Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them. The win 7 machines do that very well but today I am reminded again of the seeming inability of my Win 8 Pro (the $40 download) machines to even check for updates when on this setting. The last time that the check for updates was done always shows as Patch Tuesday or two weeks later.

I have the same trouble with Adobe Flash on the Win 7 machines when on a similar setting. It almost seems like an intent to ignore the machines when they are set like so. The thing that reminds me is that the Australian government has a notification service for updates and nasties. I should probably raise this in one of the general forums but I thought to let you know to see if you have any knowledge of update problems on Win 8 machines.

sorry I realised after posting this that it related to IE10 on win7. I will leave it but I will understand if the post is killed or moved.
    Last edited by bd1235; 2013-02-26 at 22:51.
    Win 8.1 Pro - IE11, Office Pro 2013, Acronis TIH 2014
    Win 10 Pro preview 10162