Thread: Iminent virus

New Lounger
    Thanks

Iminent virus

Iím usually very careful about downloading but recently got a virus Ė Iminent -- that prevents installation of all software: upgraded Norton 2013, Acronis TI 23013, Malwarebytes, etc. and get error codes on all [see attachment]. It doesnít appear anywhere in Programs, Revo Uninstaller, etc. but I still canít download and yesterday it popped up again on the monitor. I have Norton Internet Security, Malwarebytes, Norton Power Eraser, Hitman Pro and Kaspersky TDSSKiller, most of which I run everyday. Having to do a complete clean install of Windows 7 is frightening. Your help will be greatly appreciated. ellen
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Boot into safemode and rerun Malwarebytes.

I'm not seeing anything that would indicate the above (Iminent) is a virus, more like adware and redirect BHO objects.
    So check your browser's add-ons area for this and disable it.

However, I would still boot into safe mode with networking, and preform a full scan with an updated MBAM in the event you do have
    something yet identified.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2013-02-21 at 08:47.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Detailed removal instructions can be found here:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/

When it comes time to run Malwarebytes, run it in safe mode as Clint suggested.

Jerry