Star Lounger
    Thanks

No disk in drive D:

D: is my dvd drive. This started to occur after removing a dvd movie. What's strange is that it occurs when I refresh my vpn software (usually).
    Say I want to change my ip addy in the vpn software. As that process starts, I get the error mssg. that there is "no disk in drive d:" 4 times until the process is completed. It also occurs doing other things on the pc. Even when I select "eject disk" this occurs.
    Have no idea why the os is looking for a disk in the drive when I'm accessing the internet.
    TIA

Thanks
    It sounds like your software is remembering where it last looked for a file and is trying to see if the drive is ready to use again.

Check out any menus that have a disk drive indicated and be sure the default is reset to your HDD.

Thanks
    Run CCleaner. I believe that there is an option under Tools which will let you clear out the most recent files and drives accessed.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, I agree. Something in memory is confused. It's definitely not the original proggie that used the drive cuz I've checked to make sure it's process is not running and what it has to do with accessing the internet is still a mystery. Will report back when this happens again and, hopefully, a solution is found.