New Lounger
    Thanks

Win Media Player can't delete or find playlist

Windows Media Player v12, Win 7 SP

I have four playlists listed in WMP, two auto and two static. I can neither delete, rename, edit nor open file location on any of these playlists. They don't play nor can they be added to the current play list. They appear to be empty but can't be sure.

Furthermore, I can create a new playlist and populate it. When I open the file location it takes me to a directory My Music > Playlists where the new New Auto Playlist.wpl has been saved, despite the fact that I renamed it in WMP. In that directory, there are no other files. If I close WMP and restart, the playlist does not appear in the WMP Playlists folder although it's still in the Playlists directory on the drive.

However, there is another directory My Music > My Playlists with other .wpl files that I recall creating in previous versions of WMP.

How in the world do I get rid of the unusable playlists and how can I keep my new ones?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Does your playlist folder appear in 'Libraries\Music\My Music' within Explorer?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There are two in the path Libraries\Music\My Music: My Playlist and Playlist. The former is empty and the latter has playlists that don't show up in WMP. The undeletable playlists in WMP do not have any *.wpl files that I can find.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a way to remove and reinstall the player?