3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Merge to current page? (Word2000 SR1)

I am helping someone with a database. Trying to keep her info in Word and not have to train her to use Access. I have all the data, name address, usual info in addition to receipt number, check number, amount. She keeps track of donations made for a missionary. She wants to print a receipt for each donor. Some donors donate a few times a year. Can I just create a macro, assign to a button on her toolbar to automatically merge and then print just the current receipt/letter? What is the easiest way to accomplish this? Thank you.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merge to current page? (Word2000 SR1)

I'd be using mailmerge for this.

Keep all your contact details in a table in one Word document (Or even in an Excel spreadsheet). Use the first row of the table to put in meaningful names. Then you can create a mailmerge document, which uses the data source document. You can insert fields from the data source document into your mailmerge document- then print them all, or navigate through the names one by one.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.