Thread: Nokia Drive

Thanks

Nokia Drive

I have been using the Beta version of this, on my W8 HTC Phone. Sooooo awesome, but would not go so far as to replace my Garmin, but close.
    Just read this morning that the name has changed in the Windows Store to Here Drive, and an updated version is available. Here Maps as well is available. Haven't played with that one yet but will this afternoon.
    Yup Here Maps, Here Drive, and Here Transit are all available for phones other than Nokia!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Quite unfair . Nokia has the best overall propositions, on WP. I am sure Microsoft is paying them for it, but still... Nokia has a lot more exclusive apps than those. Add that to the hardware and the design (somewhat ripped off by the latest HTC WP designs) and they are the best choice, really.

I especially like Nokia Drive. It totally satisfies the need for navigation software.

Thanks
    So far it is great. The Here Maps are good too. I can't figure out the shopping mall thing though! Can't wait for the City Lens to hit the Windows Store
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    I just had a chance to use the Nokia Drive going and coming back from a place I wasn't familiar with here in the Phoenix area. What I saw was that it does indeed have the Lane Assist like my Garmin nuvi. It was too bad for me that I wasn't expecting to see it and completely missed the off ramp that I should have taken. Luckily it re-routed me to another off ramp and all was well. I still cannot get my routes to save to my favorites but that's ok, and I still can't get used to the fact, that I can turn the cellular connection off (which I set to default) and it still works.
    I use this in conjunction with my INRIX traffic app. This app gives you pretty accurate arrival times so I know pretty darn close when I will arrive. Here are a couple screen shots of it.

wp_ss_20130310_0001.pngwp_ss_20130310_0002.pngwp_ss_20130310_0003.png
    Thanks John