Thanks

Using text attributes in form fields

I have a Word 2007 form that has many text boxes. The text boxes were created with the "Legacy Forms" controls. The document has to be protected, but I would like the users to have the choice of using the text attributes such as bold, italics and underline in any of the text boxes without unprotecting the document. I would also like the users to be able to make a short bulleted list in a text box. Is this at all possible?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You will need a Rich Text type of form field. I can't remember if there was a "rich text form field" in the older versions of Word but there is one if you change to using the newer content controls.

Does this form need to work in Word 2003? If not, you could try replacing the form fields with Rich Text Content Controls.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    You will need a Rich Text type of form field. I can't remember if there was a "rich text form field" in the older versions of Word
    There are no 'Rich Text' formfields (which you're limited to with Word 2003 & earlier), and there is no way to format one part of their result different from another part. Only one of the newer content controls (Word 2007 & later) has that property.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]