Lounger
    Thanks

Are the themes in Word 2013 the same as in Word 2010? Can I get a list?

Word 2010 allows users to change the overall look and feel of documents by changing the theme from Office to other options, such as Concourse, Austin, etc.

I don't yet have Word 2013, but I want to see the list of included themes in this new version.

None of my Google searches must be using the correct keywords because I'm coming up dry.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the provided themes from Word 2013?

Much appreciated!

Val in snowy IL

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I haven't installed Office 2013 yet so I can't tell you for sure but the Quick Style Sets still exist in Word 2013 and I would be surprised if the list is any shorter than in Word 2010. It should also be simple to transfer across any of the old ones if you miss any of them.

What are you worried about losing?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm a teacher who uses an auto-grading package to score student work. The program is written for Office 2010. One of my online students (who lives in another state, so I can't look at her software) is using Office 2013 and claims she doesn't have one of the themes that is required for an assignment. The auto-grader will mark it wrong and I'm wondering if I'm going to run into this issue repeatedly until my auto-grader rolls to 2013 in the fall semester.

Every Google search for Office and theme, or Word and theme, just turns up info about the overall color scheme of Office itself (white, gray, etc.)

I haven't yet picked up 2013 but perhaps it's time...

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I only have the beta—the final version may be different—but here's what I see for themes:
    Office, Facet, Integral, Ion, ion boardroom, Office theme dark, Organic, Retrospect, Slice, and Whisp.

The theme colors and style sets are different too.
    Pam Caswell

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, all. I'm now at work and jotted down the themes installed in Word 2013. I was also able to navigate to the location of the .thmx files in Office 2010 and successfully copy a theme from the 2010 folder into the 2013 folder, and that theme shows up as an option in the list.

Here are the 2013 themes as showing in my copy of Word 2013, in case anyone else is interested. (they do NOT appear in alphabetical order in my copy of Word, which is annoying).

Office (default)
    Facet
    Integral
    Ion
    Ion Boardroom
    Organic
    Retrospect
    Slice
    Wish
    Banded
    Basis
    Celestial
    Dividend
    Frame
    Mesh
    Metropolitan
    parallax
    Quotable
    Savon
    View
    Wood type

While I was able to copy an old theme, my version of Office is installed locally (not on the cloud). I'm wondering if students, who may buy 365 University, will be able to access the folder structure on the cloud-based version. Does anyone know?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ILGal View Post
    Thanks, all. I'm now at work and jotted down the themes installed in Word 2013. I was also able to navigate to the location of the .thmx files in Office 2010 and successfully copy a theme from the 2010 folder into the 2013 folder, and that theme shows up as an option in the list.

Here are the 2013 themes as showing in my copy of Word 2013, in case anyone else is interested. (they do NOT appear in alphabetical order in my copy of Word, which is annoying).

Office (default)
    Facet
    Integral
    Ion
    Ion Boardroom
    Organic
    Retrospect
    Slice
    Wish
    Banded
    Basis
    Celestial
    Dividend
    Frame
    Mesh
    Metropolitan
    parallax
    Quotable
    Savon
    View
    Wood type

While I was able to copy an old theme, my version of Office is installed locally (not on the cloud). I'm wondering if students, who may buy 365 University, will be able to access the folder structure on the cloud-based version. Does anyone know?
    As long as they install the desktop applications they will be able to access files & folders as they always have.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Joe!