New Lounger
    Thanks

Getting the Addins tab to display in Excel 2013

This question refers to Excel but I think the same may apply to other Office apps.

I have been helping a small org to update their PC. Migrated from XP to Win 7 64-bit and Office 2003 to Office 2013 (32-bit). They use Sage and have an EXCEL Add-In which drags in data from SAGE.

Installing the Addin was fairly straightforward but I cannot get the AddIns tab to display on the Ribbon. Going to Options and Customize Ribbon seems to offer the solution - put a tick in the Add-Ins tab option in the Main Tabs section and click Ok. But it does not work. I have also checked the Trust Center settings and made sure that Macros are enabled and that Add-Ins do not require signing by a TrustedPublisher and are not disabled.

Tried doing all this whilst Running as an Administrator - still no joy. I see lots of people out there having similar problems but so far no solutions.

Anyone help with this?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Are you sure the add-in is loaded and not disabled? The add-ins tab should appear automatically if you have an add-in that uses the old Commandbars objects.
    Regards,
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply, Rory

It is definitely not disabled and does appear to be loaded but I know nothing about the old CommandBar objects. Is there a way I can check this or maybe a downloadable add-in you know of that I could load to work out whether the problem is with the add in rather than with Excel?

Thanks
    Have you tried restarting Excel after enabling the add-in? 2013 is a little temperamental in my experience...
    Regards,
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel.