New Lounger
    Thanks

Getting the Addins tab to display in Excel 2013

This question refers to Excel but I think the same may apply to other Office apps.

I have been helping a small org to update their PC. Migrated from XP to Win 7 64-bit and Office 2003 to Office 2013 (32-bit). They use Sage and have an EXCEL Add-In which drags in data from SAGE.

Installing the Addin was fairly straightforward but I cannot get the AddIns tab to display on the Ribbon. Going to Options and Customize Ribbon seems to offer the solution - put a tick in the Add-Ins tab option in the Main Tabs section and click Ok. But it does not work. I have also checked the Trust Center settings and made sure that Macros are enabled and that Add-Ins do not require signing by a TrustedPublisher and are not disabled.

Tried doing all this whilst Running as an Administrator - still no joy. I see lots of people out there having similar problems but so far no solutions.

Anyone help with this?

Thanks
    Are you sure the add-in is loaded and not disabled? The add-ins tab should appear automatically if you have an add-in that uses the old Commandbars objects.
    Regards,
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply, Rory

It is definitely not disabled and does appear to be loaded but I know nothing about the old CommandBar objects. Is there a way I can check this or maybe a downloadable add-in you know of that I could load to work out whether the problem is with the add in rather than with Excel?

Thanks
    Have you tried restarting Excel after enabling the add-in? 2013 is a little temperamental in my experience...
    Regards,
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel.