New Lounger
    Thanks

Trend Micro blocks Flashplayer install

Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013 blocks installation of Adob Flashplayer version 11.6.602.171 obtained from get.adobe.com/flashplayer (install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe) and displays the message "SUSPICIOUS SOFTWARE BLOCKED SUCCESSFULLY". Details:

Name: install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih_2.exe
    Version: 3.3.6.0
    Copyright: Copyright (C) Adobe Systems Incorporated
    Detected Resource or Process ID: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Adobe\AIH.3540a82e413ab74ea728d80044d08d7a97d 85587\install_flash_player.exe
    Response: Terminated

OS is WindowsXP. Is this a false positive or a legitimate threat? I know that there have been MANY recent updates for Flashplayer by Adobe.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I find it rather humorous that one of the most vulnerable pieces of software is flagged as "suspicious software". Not sure if Trend Micro does this intentionally or not, but you might try disabling your AV when downloading and installing the update.
    Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Doc, for your response. Surprisingly, the same Trend Micro failed to block the very same Flash Player install on my wife's computer (XP Home, whereas mine is XP Pro). I hesitate to disable the AV for ANY download, especially one which is repeatedly blocked and eradicated. I am just wondering if anyone else has seen this particular scenario.