New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook.com (Web Access) - Frequent Contacts List?

I open a blank e-mail
    Frequent contacts show up

Question on Frequent Contacts list below my To field
    How did they get there?
    How do I add a contact to my Frequent Contacts list?
    How do I delete a contact to my Frequent Contacts list?

Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Winter View Post
    I open a blank e-mail
    Frequent contacts show up

Question on Frequent Contacts list below my To field
    How did they get there?
    You have previously sent an email to them and they are automatically stored as auto-complete suggestions.

You can opt to have only addresses shown there which are in your contacts list (and whom you have sent an email):

Settings (cog), More mail settings, Customizing Outlook, Advanced privacy settings, Auto-complete suggestions, Only suggest people in my contact list.

How do I add a contact to my Frequent Contacts list?
    Send them an email.

How do I delete a contact to my Frequent Contacts list?
    Hover over the unwanted frequent contact and an X appears to the right; click the X and it's gone.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2013-03-03 at 01:55.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=BruceR;894116]in my contact list[/B].
    Hover over the unwanted frequent contact and an X appears to the right; click the X and it's gone.
    Bruce[/QUOTE

How do I: PERMANENTLY DELETE CONTACT FROM OUTLOOK FREQUENT CONTACTS.

If you X beside the name .. it merely deletes it from that particular email. It is driving me crazy that I can't figure out where/how to PERMANENTLY delete any email address where the contact has switched email addresses or I want to delete them from that file.
    Last edited by katemn; 2013-04-20 at 14:50.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katemn View Post
    How do I: PERMANENTLY DELETE CONTACT FROM OUTLOOK FREQUENT CONTACTS.

If you X beside the name .. it merely deletes it from that particular email. It is driving me crazy that I can't figure out where/how to PERMANENTLY delete any email address where the contact has switched email addresses or I want to delete them from that file.
    I think that does permanently delete an auto-complete suggested address (until you send another email to that address).

If the address is in your contact list, click the drop down next to Outlook at top left, then People; select, Delete at the top.

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks

Does not work for me

I have gone to the people list and selected my sister as a favorite, so that she would appear in the favorite window when I compose email and get the short list of recipients. So Outlook knows she is a favorite but it does not put her (or her info) in the favorites box when I start a new email.

I am concerned that the answers you have posted may be old and not apply to the new OUTLOOK replacement to Hotmail. Things have changed and old answers may not be relevant to the current version. Either way making an addition to favorites seems to be flawed.

What do you think about the problem (PS I a grateful for the few favorites I do get!)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    You have previously sent an email to them and they are automatically stored as auto-complete suggestions.

You can opt to have only addresses shown there which are in your contacts list (and whom you have sent an email):

Settings (cog), More mail settings, Customizing Outlook, Advanced privacy settings, Auto-complete suggestions, Only suggest people in my contact list.

Send them an email.

Bruce