New Lounger
    Thanks

Surface pro wireless connection problems

Hello, I'm having a problem I thought I would throw out there and see if I get any bites. I am trying to connect to my schools wireless network. They have it set up so that when you connect it takes you to a website for you to log in and be authenticated. My problem I'm having is when I go to connect to the network it doesn't load the authentication webpage on my surfaces Internet browser. Now I have connected to an AT&T wireless network that follows a similar web authentication protocol. I guess my question is is there a setting I can change in my surfaces network settings that can make it automatically go to that webpage or do I need to talk to a network admin? Should I chalk it up to windows 8 being so new our network isn't set up allow connections from windows 8 machines yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    See the link to the Marvel driver in the post by daov at Surface Pro has limited connection.

This appears to be a fairlly well known problem.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    See the link to the Marvel driver in the post by daov at Surface Pro has limited connection.

This appears to be a fairlly well known problem.

Joe
    Joe I read the description of that problem and it doesn't seem to be the same as the issue I'm having. I don't have a problem finding wireless networks, I also don't have a problem (yet) staying connected to wireless networks that I can connect to. My issue is that When I go to connect to the network in question. It doesn't load a web page authentication form. That is typically where I enter my user name and password. The AT&T network I connected to had an option pop up asking me to load a webpage, I clicked that and it took me to the AT&T page and agreed to their terms and was able to connect. When I connect to my school network on my iPhone I get a webpage to pop up asking for user-name and password. When I do it on my Surface Pro, I don't get the option. I don't even get the option that I get with the AT&T hotspot to load the webpage for verification.

Thanks