New Lounger
    Thanks

Program not printing

I have Hallmark Card Studio 2006 and I can no longer print selected card. I have had this program for several years. I deleted and reinstalled this program, but it still will not print. An error message pops up saying Hallmark Card Studio has stopped working and gives me a couple of options.

1-Windows can check online for a solution to the problem. This did nothing, just closed.
    2- Close Program.

This pop-up also gave me the option to view problem details which I did. This means nothing to me. I have posted the results below:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Hallmark Card Studio.exe
    Application Version: 7.0.0.15
    Application Timestamp: 4314f0ba
    Fault Module Name: Hallmark Card Studio.exe
    Fault Module Version: 7.0.0.15
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4314f0ba
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00087906
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 07f9
    Additional Information 2: 07f928659c6bb0b816dc92aad287a153
    Additional Information 3: 82e2
    Additional Information 4: 82e2a9d0e219aa5ed1e54f7833534945

I hope someone can tell me whats going on here. I really like this program and would like to get it working again.

Thanks.

Thanks
    more info needed...
    OS? winXP sp3? when did you last do a defrag? did you check manuf. for updated drivers?
    did you change printers? did you do a malware scan, run antivirus?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have done all of the above. I have Win7 and avast anti- virus. Have the same printer. Printer works with everything else.

This program worked fine when I used it for Xmas cards, now all of a sudden it stops works. Its a mystery to me.

I checked with MS and they stated Win7 does not work with Hallmark 2006, but it did for the last year and half that I have had Win7. This is the same thing that Hallmark said.

Don't really understand this since it did work for one & half years.

Thanks
    try going back (if you already haven't) and printing one of your saved cards
    or try setting up another printer (epson is like a default lazer)
    but i would do the defrag anyway (no matter what the system says)
    defrag sometimes works like magic - weird stuff stops acting weird

that APPCRASH thing is basically saying your card program crashed which would agree with the doesn't work on win7 statement - but you know tha's wrong because it did.

i'd also look for updated printer drivers from the manuf.
    good luck with that

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

Could try right clicking the launch file then properties and seeing if will run in compatibility mode for XP or Vista. May not but all I can think of.
    Could also check if you have installed anything after it worked the last time especially updates.
    Also could open an administrator command prompt and type in SFC /scannow then enter and see if it find any faulty system files to correct.
    Last edited by curiousclive; 2013-03-08 at 17:37.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried going back and printing cards I have saved, but no luck. I have also tried other compatibility modes but nothing seems to work.

I have defraged the system, deleted temp files, scaned files, etc.

I do believe it caused by a MS update, but don't know which one. I really liked this program, but it's just not worth all the trouble.
    I just going to junk this program and get a newer version and forget about it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have the original installation file(s) at hand, you could try to uninstall the program (use Revo Uninstaller, e.g., for a complete uninstall) and then clean the Registry of traces of the old installation (these Forum pages have lots of advice on this process). Then, reinstall the program from scratch.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    See my thread about DxO Optics Pro. Try right clicking its icon and hitting "Run as Administrator". Could be a recent update has screwed up its behaviour also. Easy to try.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the suggestions, but nothing helped. I just deleted the whole thing, cleaned the Registry and got a newer version. It just wasn't worth all the headaches.