New Lounger
    Thanks

Error Message - Explorer.EXE does not have a program associated with it

Yesterday when I clicked on my Downloads link in Favorites (which now has a blank white icon), I received a message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." . I've looked widely and tried a number of 'solutions' on the Internet and none have worked. BTW, I'm running 64 bit version of WIN7 Ultimate 6.1, Service Pack 1. My Browser is FF latest version.

Can anyone point me to the location of where my downloads folder might be (I've looked for it and couldn't find it) and how I can rid my computer of this error message?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Tim Bowman
    Burien, WA

Thanks
    If you are using IE, the default download folder is: C:\users\youruser id\downloads.

To change it in IE 9, see http://www.groovypost.com/howto/micr...wnload-folder/

Jerry

Thanks
    For the association error message, see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-89021ab5fa0e/
    for some possible fixes.

Jerry

Thanks
    Hi Tim,

This is how to set Firefox, Setting to save to desktop gives me easy access so I can do what I want with the file when I'm finished with it.

RR.jpg
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    in Firefox i create a folder in an external drive and set that as the destination folder to save to. This prevents my 'C' drive becoming filled up with downloads etc.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.