New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Movie Maker/ Captions and wifi signal

Hi - I make and upload videos to YouTube. I am still learning how to use windows Movie Maker. I want to know how to use the
    'captions' tool. Specifically - how cam I extend the caption from the starting point to the end of the clip. I did it once and don't know how!
    Second question; I am on a shared wifi signal. Someone has used my Amazon account to download Kindle free products. Is it possible for a computer to tap into another computer on a shared wifi signal? How is this done? This morning, while auto connecting to this wifi signal I got a message from my Comodo Firewall that a specific computer was trying to connect to mine. I blocked this but have no idea if this was local or remote or
    simply part of the process of connceting to wifi. Help? Thx!

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    What version of MM are you using and in what operating system?

If there is no encryption on wifi, anyone can see and potentially "sniff" your packets and get passwords and other info for any online accounts you are using.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Saturday

Hi FunDowntown - Thanks for the reply. It's the 2012 version of MM. My OS is Windows 7,home premium 2009 service pack 1.

I've figured out that the caption can be extended by changing the number of seconds for it's duration. But once I somehow caused the caption to extend all the way to the end - about 30 mins. by just clicking captions and something else??

The thought that a guy who lives here is invading my computer really has me aggravated. How would this be done and how could you tell?
    Thx.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    How to determine any serious attack in an attempt to access your computer is a mystery to me as well but if the wifi signal is shared and in the clear and it cannot be encrypted, I would have my own personal router sub network as soon as possible or use a VPN (virtual private network) service provider which would set up a secure connection between you and the VPN servers, wherever they may be and access the Internet from there. Otherwise you'd be vulnerable to those types of attacks at any time, even if its just a false alarm now.

I have the 2011 version of MM and could only find up to 30 seconds setting for the caption. Some editors will let one grab the edge of the caption line and just drag it to any length but mine insisted only on moving the entire caption so I don't know what you might have done to get it to 30 minutes all in one operation.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sunday

Thanks I don't know what I did to stretch that caption either but I did it. Windows sure gives you the least bells and whistles

it can. I'll look into setting up a 'router sub network'. Thanks!