New Lounger
    Thanks

Date Query (Acess 2000 SR1)

Hi,

If I have a form that has only one date field can I make a query where I can put in something like [FromDate] and then [ToDate] and the query will return all details between those 2 dates. I have tried various things but seem to be banging my head against a brick wall.

Thank you

James

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date Query (Acess 2000 SR1)

Hi James,

In the criteria for the date field in the query use the Between operator as: Between [FromDate] and [ToDate]

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for responding Dottie, I have tried this before and I can't seem to get it to work, my field is called EventDate and in its query criteria I have exactly what you said Between [FromDate] and [ToDate]. My date format uses the short date input mask 00/00/00.

When I enter the FromDate in the first box 01/11/01 I get an error box that says

"The expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assinging part of the expression to a variable".

Can you shed any light please?

TIA

James

Thanks

Typically the error message you receive is due to mismatched data types. Check the following:
    1 - In the data you are querying, Is the Data Type of the field, EventDate, a date time field or text? If it is text, you will need to convert it to a date field.
    2 - If the EventDate field is a date field, ensure you are entering the format correctly in your [from] and [to] box of your between statement.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Gary and Dottie for your advice, it turns out that somehow my date field was corrupted, I put a new one into the table and deleted the old one and it works fine.

James