New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Outlook.com and IE9

I'm in a bit of a quandry. I tried installing IE 10 on my computer...which doesn't work, BTW. I un-installed that and let the uninstall program put IE9 back. I then went to a hotmail account and upgraded that to an Outlook.com account (I didn't have much of a choice on that one.)

Now, when I open my Outlook.com account, I get a windows error, closing the IE9 program. I can't get the snip program to work, or I would show you the error.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You can try uninstalling IE 9 and then adding it again. Otherwise you can use a different browser, both Chrome and Firefox work fine with outlook.com.

Of course, if you are able to provide the actual error message, may be possible to offer better advice on the current IE 9 issue.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    What happens if you try another browser like Chrome or Firefox? Did you try resetting I.E. 9 in the advanced tab of Internet options?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    First off, I do not and will not use Firefox; hard enough for me to remember how to use IE. I use Chrome only as an emergency item...I think I've used it twice in the 15 years or so that Google has had it as an alternative and for the same reasons as my using Firefox.

There are no error numbers displayed when I get the error. The note says something about IE is looking for the cause of the error...or...has shut the program down and is starting the program again.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    We would call it diagnostic tool but emergency tool is good too. From what I've seen most other browsers are gradually coming around to the way Chrome does things with isolated tabs and spellcheck, austere interface and the rest.
    Last edited by F.U.N. downtown; 2013-03-09 at 15:39.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The challenge with Chrome is...that I use Roboform as my password safe...and Roboform specifically states it will not work with Chrome.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    http://www.roboform.com/platforms/browsers/google-chrome

Looks like only 2Go USB is not supported in Chrome so if that's the flavor you're using I guess you're out of luck for now. We use LastPass on ours.

Lounger
    Thanks
    roymaclean66@gmail.com

Recover the system to an earlier time when IE9 was working OK. Then install outlook.com. It should work.

If i were in your place i'd install Ccleaner..a free download from 'filehippo' and clean out all the junk by just following the instructions.
    i'd also instal Secunia PSI, free, and keep all the drivers updated all the time.

you should not give your email address here lest it is misused.
    [twitter][twitter]rssra[/twitter][/twitter]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roymaclean66@gmail.com View Post
    The challenge with Chrome is...that I use Roboform as my password safe...and Roboform specifically states it will not work with Chrome.
    The latest versions of RoboForm work with Chrome. You get an icon rather than a toolbar though. I'm currently using it with Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

Jerry