New Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing SkyDrive storage

My wife and I each have SkyDrive accounts. We'd like to be able to use them interchangeably. Specifically, I'd like to be able to work on a file from my SkyDrive storage and then put the modified file into one of her SkyDrive folders. Is there an easy--preferably drag and drop--way to do this?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    The easy way to allow SkyDrive sharing among different members is through groups. Create a group, add your wife to it as a member (or vice-versa) and add stuff you want shared to the group.

You can easily drag and drop stuff from your computer to your Skydrive, and that includes group folders (at least you can on Chrome, haven't tested IE or FF). You cannot do it the other way around.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim4277 View Post
    My wife and I each have SkyDrive accounts. We'd like to be able to use them interchangeably. Specifically, I'd like to be able to work on a file from my SkyDrive storage and then put the modified file into one of her SkyDrive folders. Is there an easy--preferably drag and drop--way to do this?
    jim,
    If you and your wife know each others passwords, then there is a very simple way of doing this.
    So ! if you know your wife's password and can sign into her account, click on your name in the upper right hand corner, and change the account from yours to hers. Do your work, and then download and "Save As" to the folder you want in your Desktop SkyDrive App. Works great. I have two SkyDrive Accounts, and that is how I have done it, or I will simply drag and drop from the SkyDrive Desktop app from one to the other if I am working in the main account, since I can't easily change accounts there (At least not that I know of).
    Now there is one caveat that you should be aware of, and that is that in my experience if you do not sign out, of one account and sign into the other, I find that in the second or in my case third account I cannot view .pdf files. If I sign out of my account and sign into one of the other accounts vs. just switching then I can view .pdf files with no problem.

I have a group set up as well and share a OneNote Notebook with others also and as ruirib says that works well, and if you don't know your wife's password that is the way to go.

Oh and yea it all works in I.E. too
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll give them a try and see what seems easiest. Signing into each other's account isn't a problem...I was just looking for a way to treat our SkyDrive accounts like any other folder without having to jump through any hoops.

Appreciate the quick replies.
    Last edited by jim4277; 2013-03-10 at 20:02. Reason: misspelled word

Thanks
    Hi Jim, I have 2 Skydrive accounts that are linked, and can switch from one to the other easily.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sounds like what I'm looking for, Rode. How do you go about linking them?

Thanks
    Hi Jim,

Will make a .pdf to show you as its very easy to do but hard to explain.

Thanks
    Hi Jim, HTH Link Accounts.pdf