5 Star Lounger
    Seattle, WA

Edit, spruce up, and share your videos for free

Edit, spruce up, and share your videos for free

By Lincoln Spector

The digital photography revolution has an unintended consequence: our PCs are filling up with hundreds of bad photos and many hours of boring home videos.
    It's easy to toss out pointless still shots, but cleaning up videos takes a bit more work; some free video editors can make the task relatively easy and cheap.

The full text of this column is posted at (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Middleton, WI
    AVS4YOU has an amazing suite of multimedia tools including the excellent AVS Video Editor. The number of included applications gives all the full-blown multimedia suites a serious run for their money.

AVS4YOU is a UK software company. They have a 1 year license option for $39, or an Unlimited license for $59. I took the latter a few years ago and have been getting updates ever since. The software is easy to use, yet fully feature rich so as to cater to professionals or novices alike.

Check it out.

Hinsdale, IL, USA
    AVS4You has gotten got a bad reputation for including a license term in its free version which allows AVS to install adware and spyware after 30 days of use. The paid version may not have these terms, but I can personally vouch for the possibility of acquiring adware and spyware from this company's products. The adware was difficult for my anti-spyware programs to remove. This was a few years ago under Windows XP.
    -- Bob Primak --