New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Adobe Air message keeps popping up

I am a neophyte Adobe Acrobat user. I recently installed v. 10 for a home office, and now frequently get a pop-up stating that an application needs Adobe Air. What is Adobe Air and what application might need it? Do I need it? If not, can I stop the pop-up message? How?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Adobe Integrated Runtime is a platform (which includes JavaScript and Flash) for desktop applications.

One of the most popular applications which uses it is the BBC iPlayer Desktop, but there are many others: 60+ Useful Adobe AIR Applications You Should Know

If the pop-up doesn't say which application needs it, and you're not sure what you could uninstall, it may be easier just to install Adobe AIR.

Bruce

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Air popping up

Hi, I'm running Win 7 x64 on a new machine, and I had this problem too. Adobe's website has a tool which will remove the source of the popup if you don't want to install AIR on your machine, though AIR won't do any harm if you do install it
    hope that helps

rdl

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rdl@globalnet View Post
    Adobe's website has a tool which will remove the source of the popup if you don't want to install AIR on your machine,
    Do you have a link to that? (I'm not aware of a tool which will find any AIR applications, and I haven't been able to find such a thing on Adobe's website.)

Thanks,

Bruce